Frank,

It is called Variety.  Look around you and you will see multiple types of
trees, birds, people, etc.

I think we are constantly being biologically mutated all of the time by the
flux of Dark Energy flowing thru us and low energy nuclear reactions it can
create with regular matter.

Sometimes that mutation is an advantage, sometimes a disadvantage,
sometimes it just adds variety, like skin color.

Disadvantage might be a cancer or disease.  Advantage might be a modified
gene that gives better hearing.

If dark/vacuum energy flux increases through us/Earth, it will weed out the
weakest thru environmental pressures, like the next ice age, or very bad
biological health.

This is the weak anthropic principle at work.  We currently live in an era
of low vacuum energy and mild climate.  I think that can change quickly due
to the sun or comets increasing this vacuum energy in our space.

That is just my interpretation

Stewart
darkmattersalot.com