On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 17:41:11 -0500
ChemE Stewart <cheme...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Only 9,999.99 tons to go!

And what happened to the remains of the Tunguska meteor???

Even if it broke up in the air, there must have been humungous
chunks of the thing lying around, but the expeditions found only
horizontal trees.

And I have always wondered about Meteor Crater in Arizona; I never
understood why a little digging did not expose a big chunk of
extraterrestrial rock at the centre of the crater; but there is
nothing.

Any sinkholes in the Tunguska area? Well, they probably never
thought to look.

And why are craters made by these meteors and asteroids always
round? Shouldn't the rocks come in at an angle, on average, and
make an oval-shaped crater?

Or is it due to the immense densities of the baryonic matter, or
whatever it is, that causes them to do a fast curve and zoom right
for the black hole at the centre of the earth?

Cripes, every time I hit a pothole these days I wonder if some
dark matter hasn't shat all over the street.