I also know that one hell of a lot of those craters look like big
sinkholes.  You would think this place would be crawling with chunks of
meteorites based upon all the holes.

Here is a good blog by a NASA engineer about sinkholes and caves on the
Moon.

http://blog.moonzoo.org/2011/04/11/potential-caves-and-sink-holes-in-copernicus-crater/

If the moon does not have liquid water you might ask yourself what created
those sinkholes, since many are claimed to be caused by water on Earth.
 Also, the larger diameter craters appear to be more shallow.  If you think
about it, would not a larger diameter, heavier incoming object typically
create a deeper crater?

Just some thoughts

Stewart

On Thu, Feb 28, 2013 at 2:44 PM, George Paulson <georgepaulso...@hotmail.com