Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net> wrote:

> Rothwell has been saying for some time that the underneath the clown
> costume, Rossi is a brilliant inventor and that the is method in his
> madness.

To clarify, that is what people who have worked with him tell me. He does
have a solid track record in catalysis-related work, with the biofuels
Diesel engines. Also some disasters, but that is inevitable. There is no
success without failure.

I do not know if there is method to his madness or whether he works on pure
intuition. Ed Storms has the impression that Rossi works intuitively and
cannot file a good patent because he does not know on a deep, generalized
level, how the reactors work. Mike Melich says Rossi "thinks" by working
with his hands, the way a gifted artist does. Artists do not express their
idea in words but in the objects they create.

There is nothing wrong or un-intellectual about this mode of expression,
unless you think Auguste Rodin was a simpleton.

On the subject of disastrous failure, Krivit reports that Russ George is in
deep trouble:

http://news.newenergytimes.net/2013/04/08/u-s-businessman-takes-first-nation-people-for-2-5-million/

http://news.newenergytimes.net/2013/04/10/canadian-environmental-authorities-seize-evidence-from-georges-offices/

I hope this is not true but it would not shock me if it is.

Krivit also reported on the publication of this paper, which he did not
name:

J. Appl. Phys. *112*, 083510 (2012);
http://dx.doi.org/10.1063/1.4759166<http://link.aip.org/link/doi/10.1063/1.4759166>
 (*6 pages*)