On Sun, May 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com>wrote:

The very small number of alpha and neutrons can be explained without
> assuming CF is the cause.

I guess this is the conclusion I'm trying to better understand -- I
understand the part about neutrons.  It is the "very small number alpha"
particles that I'm querying.  I think you allude to this below, but I'm not
sure if that is the only basis for this conclusion.

> Fast particles make secondary radiation that can be easily detected. Peter
> made calculations showing the energy limit required to avoid detecton.

I take it that an important assumption here is that (1) the radiation is
broadband (sounds sensible) and (2) it extends into a range beyond what is
going to be stopped by the glass or metal housing enclosing the system.  Do
you expect the peak of the secondary radiation to be significantly above
the threshold at which the glass or metal will stop it?

> You should read his papers.  Here is a list.

That is a long list.  I'm glad that you highlighted some of them!

Eric