On Tue, May 07, 2013 at 01:54:35PM -0400, Jed Rothwell wrote:
> Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>

> > CF/LENR is not a giant effect. It is a phenomenon of Nature that is not
> > understood well enough to make large yet.
>

> On rare occasions it has been large, when people used very large cathodes.
> Mizuno observed several days of heat after death at about 100 W. Presumably
> the reaction was that big because he used a 100 g cathode. That is about
> 100 to 1000 times bigger than most cathodes today.

What I meant by a giant effect is melting down of experimental setups,
as purportedly happened several times.

100 W in a small volume is a giant effect. Assuming you check for
hydrogen loading of metal matrix and it's under inert gas blanket
there's no chemical reaction that can produce such amounts of heat.

Any investigator measuring anything like that would be instantly
convinced. I certainly would be.