Raving loonie True Believer stuff! Daiso, the Japanese dollar-store, has "replacement blades for hair cutter." They're double-edged razor blades! Ten for a buck. Finally I can build an ultra-black beam-dump. Thick stacks of double-edge razor blades are used as high-power beam dumps in research. The optical wattage goes in, but it don't come back out.

Why Pyramid power? RAZOR BLADES duh. In theory we can easily test edge-sharpness by measuring optical return from the hyper-blackness effect created by a screw-clamped stack of razor blades. No need to actually shave, since any contact with a hard object tends to ruin the blackness of the http://www.mazepath.com/uncleal/blade.htm beam dump.

Then, can any anomalous process restore the damage? Exposure to moonlight while aligning them to magnetic north? Placing inside a cardboard cube while thinking Geller-spoonbending thoughts? Slowly rotate your cardboard Cheops, and plot the sharpening effect vs magnetic north alignment. If this works as a receiver, we can try sending (perhaps very slow) Morse Code in the form of Spoonbending Radiation to trigger the metal-memory healing of the damaged-bladestack receiver. Maybe even detect cosmic signals from remote alien civilizations which have no need of cartridges for Schick Disposable with octo-blade shaving system. (yes, disposables are up to seven blades currently.)

William J. Beaty                            SCIENCE HOBBYIST website
billb at amasci com                         http://amasci.com
EE/programmer/sci-exhibits   amateur science, hobby projects, sci fair
Seattle, WA  206-762-3818    unusual phenomena, tesla coils, weird sci