Hi Ed,

On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 7:26 PM, Edmund Storms <stor...@ix.netcom.com>wrote:

1. Can energy be concentrated within a material by a spontaneous process?
> 2. Can this local energy initiate a nuclear reaction?
> 3. Can application of energy from any outside source trigger LENR?
> 4. Does radiation emitted from the nuclear process fuel additional nuclear
> reactions?
> 5. Does energetic helium (alpha) result from LENR?

I have no issue with item (1).  I'm just starting to pay more attention to
the question of x-rays, that's all.  Unless we're talking about very strong
x-rays, I don't think we can conclude much if anything their presence or
absence, and particularly in connection with excess heat, without putting
some kind of x-ray sensitive film in the system (like they did at BARC).

Apart from the small side detail concerning x-rays, I am not disputing your
analysis of the likelihood of accelerating electrons to the point of
triggering a new kind of electron capture.

Eric