How many of these controllers use positve thermal feedback to keep the sink at
a constant temperature?

Dave

-----Original Message-----
From: Andrew <andrew...@att.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun, May 26, 2013 7:52 pm
Subject: [Vo]:Re: Constant temperature Operation of ECAT?

Seems to me that if active cooling control is used as the only control input,
thus satisfying the "unplug it!" sceptics (and I'm one of them), then it only
has a chance of working if there is good thermal contact and good thermal
conductivity and substantial enough heat capacity in the active cooling
implementation. I don't know why this is supposed to be hard. Gaming PC's of
the high-end variety use this all the time. Prompt temperature feedback to the
cooling pump is all that's needed, plus a simple PID controller. This is very
well-known technology.

Andrew