Joshua:

You make that point all the time.  It is one of your favorites, but it is
really unsupported speculation and not worth considering.

First, telling us how the majority of observers feel about the report is
clearly beyond your knowledge.  As Eric suggested making those claims without
proof (poll, census, etc.) is not only unscientific it is undoubtedly just self
serving on your part.  You must recognize that it doesn't mean anything to
those reading your critiques, unless they don't think critically.

Second, this isn't 1989.  Most scientists who read the report are aware of the
history.  The idea that we will have a repeat of 1989 is unlikely.  The
scientific community passed up the opportunity to investigate this science long
ago and are now at the mercy of the entrepreneur, if it is real.  I can
speculate just as you.  My speculation is that based on this report the
scientific community will likely pay more attention to the developments in this
area and will await further testing and other disclosures before taking active
steps to investigate.  Some might begin doing some testing and in fact that has
probably occurred since Rossi first presented his demo, but most will likely
wait and watch. However, I doubt they will conclude as you do that the report
is meaningless.

But that is mere speculation, no different than yours.

One thing I am certain about is that you don't speak for the scientific
community.  If you do, please identify by what authority you achieved that role
and position and I will stand corrected.

Ransom