From: Joshua Cude <joshua.c...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Tue, Jun 4, 2013 7:06 am
Subject: Re: [Vo]:A Couple Hundred Bucks Maybe...

On Mon, Jun 3, 2013 at 3:09 PM, Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com> wrote:

I still think that a standalone unplugged demo is the best approach - not high
wattage and fancy instruments and lots of wires and computer programs.

That would be nice, but evidently that would probably cause the reactor to
melt, or explode, so it is not an option.

That's the excuse anyway, but it makes no sense. If controlled cooling were
used to regulate the temperature, I see no reason that the necessary
temperature could not be maintained without it running away. And in the 2012
reports, Rossi, or Penon claim more than 100 hours of self-sustained running.
And if it ever proves to have practical value, it will have to be possible to
make it self-sustain, since it will have to be able to make more electrical
power than it consumes, or more heat than you can make with the fuel that
produced the electricity to begin with.