Jones,

This is a worthy project.
I am still trying to re-learn the optical physics I forgot years ago.
So, I cannot add much input yet, but if LENR is real, probably some kinds
of coherent phenomena are involved.  If I have any insights, I will post
them later.

Also, if you have references for electron spin-to-work conversion, please
post URLs of any available online papers.

BTW, here is a paper on super-/sub-radiance that generalizes the
phenomenon to entangled systems larger than wave-length size -

"Quantum interference initiated super- and subradiant emission from
entangled atoms"
http://arxiv.org/abs/1104.2989

-- Lou Pagnucco