Date: Sun, 9 Jun 2013 18:22:39 -0400
Subject: Re: [Vo]:Heat pipes
From: janap...@gmail.com
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com

I assumed one could control the flow of
vapor by using some sort of computer controlled valve with and adjustable
opening
capability. Am I wrong in that assumption?

A microcontroller can supervise the
temperature of N number of heat pipes if the polling cycle is fast enough. A
very
good heat removal system with an almost instantaneous response time could allow
the LENR reaction to run very close to right on the critical run away
temperature. This critical temperature could be exceeded if the response time
of the automated valve system is faster than the runaway heat ramp velocity
rate.

If a high temperature LENR reactor
could run at 800C, the efficiency of the thermo cycle would get to 60%.

The key to this idea is to make the
removal of heat very efficient and fast, if the heat pipe could transfer heat
fast enough to keep the temperature of the heat exchanger and the heat pipe
isothermal, and an isothermal heat pipe might be able to do that. The speed of
heat removal is at the speed of sound in lithium vapor. That sounds fast.