At the time of Tunguska, something also increased the levels of Ammonia and
Ammonium Nitrate in the atmosphere to significant levels as shown in ice
cores.
http://arxiv.org/ftp/arxiv/papers/0907/0907.1067.pdf

My bet is that the Tunguska "meteorite" had a LENR/vacuum energy core and
was actually a BRANE per M Theory, just like a comet.  They ionize the air
in their surroundings.  If rocks can generate 10-15 megatons (up to 1000
times Hiroshima) in the atmosphere without hitting anything why do we need
nuclear weapons?

Stewart
darkmattersalot.com