From: Leonard Arbuthnot [mailto:leonardarbuth...@yahoo.co.uk]
Sent: Thursday, June 20, 2013 1:57 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: [Vo]:Evidence is all around us

Widespread evidence for LENR already lies buried in the filing cabinets and
computer archives of universities, commercial companies, and research
organisations, across the world.

I'm not talking about results from specific CF or LENR experiments, but of all
the oddball or slightly puzzling results, from ostensibly unrelated fields,
that are either explained away in some cavalier fashion, or simply ignored.

For instance, back in the 90s I was shown data confirming accidental
transmutation, and physically induced radiation, resulting from experiments in
hot gas erosion of steel. Researchers had dismissed the results, at the time,
because they made no sense to them - and so the trials were abandoned. I was
later shown the results by an engineering lecturer from the university that had
conducted the tests – because I had tentatively mentioned the possibility of
LENR effects in some other R&D work we were both involved with (this was after
we had experienced a bizarre “heat-after-death” incident).

It seems he had always been puzzled by the data (hence holding on to it), but
other researchers had classed the results as “outliers”, putting them down to
unknown errors in procedure – so everybody else was happy to simply throw them
in the waste paper basket.

The results were what Charles Fort referred to as “Damned Data” – i.e. the data
that falls outside the “established” models of how the world is supposed to
work. All scientists claim that they would always sieze on anomalies, and
pledge to investigate them further – but in practice many will just ignore
anything that doesn't fit neatly inside their preconceived notions of reality.

Of course, the lecturer in question was coming up to retirement, and
understandably didn’t want to jeopardise his position – so wished to keep a low
profile. He had said nothing to anyone about the results, until our meeting,
and did not intend to pursue the subject afterwards.

So what did I do, following this peculiar HAD event? Unfortunately, the tests
in question could not be talked about publicly (and still can't) – due to all
sorts of confidentiality restrictions. Nevertheless, after some soul searching,
I did actually bring up the subject of LENR with my supervisor of the time. The
whole idea freaked him out – so he told me, in no uncertain terms, to shut up
about it. And so I did – since, like everybody else, I had to eat and keep a
roof over my head.

How much more aberrent, anomalous (but highly pertinent) field data is out
there, languishing in files marked “False Results. Ignore” ? And how many more
people are sitting on data that they dare not speak about publicly, since they
don't relish the idea of making “career limiting” statements ?

  - Leo