-----Original Message-----
From: Alan Fletcher

http://www.journal-of-nuclear-physics.com/?p=806&cpage=15#comment-723229

See you soon, my great Friend and Master Sergio! I will never forget our
work together and that day in the Brasimone Nuclear facility.

This is a provocative comment. “That day” must have been a memorable
breakthrough discovery for them, since it is mentioned so prominently-
almost as a eulogy. Does anyone know the backstory of “that day in
Brasimone”?

One wonders if something happened then which sheds any light on the HotCat
operation, in particular. Brasimone, as best I can tell, is a facility for
the study of a liquid cooled fission reactor LFR. It is not clear how that
could possibly relate to the ECat, or perhaps specifically to the HotCat.
Maybe they were simply “borrowing” the facility for testing purposes.

Anyone following Rossi’s story from the beginning may be justified in
thinking that there was a major breakthrough in the past year. I wonder if
this relates to a breakthrough or not.

Jones