Actually let me improve these instructions.

I decided to test with other body parts (arms felt very little, a foot felt
something after a few seconds and some movement).
But then I retested with my hands trying not to feel, this lessened the
sensation a lot.

I found that the key to NOT feeling was to have my hand really relaxed, to
move it over the image and not to move it toward and away from the image.

By doing this I could only feel it very vaguely where with my hand tensed
and a bit of movement it is actually painfully strong.

So my new instructions are to lightly tense the muscles and skin on the
surface of your palm, and to move toward and away from the image.

Still I can often feel the energy on my face or eyes.

John