One nuclear technology that TerraPower most likely won’t be pursuing is
fusion.

“I have a soft spot in my heart for fusion, *having run the ITER
program*and things like that, but it’s something I can’t count on for
my
grandchildren,” said Gilleland, whose background includes having served as
U.S. managing director on the International Thermonuclear Experimental
Reactor (ITER), based now in Cadarache, France. Innovation director
Latkowski also comes from a fusion background. Before joining TerraPower
last year, he was* chief scientist on the commercialization program at the
National Ignition Facility*, the U.S.’s massive laser fusion project at
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in California.

http://www.the-weinberg-foundation.org/2013/07/23/bill-gates-nuclear-company-explores-molten-salt-reactors-thorium/