From: ChemE Stewart

> Really needs a large source of green energy to power

Sans a more environmentally friendly "green energy" source, I wonder if
anyone has done the math to determine whether constructing and dedicating a
significant portion of the energy resources generated by a nearby nuclear
plant would make the conversion process more economical through large scale
volume.

Again, I wonder what the cost per gallon'o'water is likely to be. With
demand for fresh water constantly increasing... at some point water
extracted via desalinization is likely to become a more palpable economical
& political choice for large portions of the planet's population centers.

I would imagine the number crunchers have already have done the math, and
that is why they are building the plants regardless of what energy source is
used. It's inevitable that the price of fresh water will go up. It's
becoming the most valuable commodity on the planet. They would be fools not
to build desalinization plants. As always, there's money to be made.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.OrionWorks.com

www.zazzle.com/orionworks