*I think this is more a case where the result does not fit in with
conventional, textbook physics and engineering. *

In nanoplasmonics, Hot Spots have be experimentally verified to produce
solitons with a EMF power density of 100 terawatts per cm2 before the
sensors blew out.

Not finding this behavior  is a result of not looking in the proper text
book.

If you want to understand LENR, you need to understand nanoplasmonics.