Hi Jones,
[snip]

See http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/1953PhRv...90..865W. The reaction is highly
exothermic:-

1H+3H => 4He + 19.814 MeV + gamma

It probably has a low cross section for hot fusion because the energy is
disposed of via gamma emission, analogous to the
D+D=> 4He + gamma reaction.

Nevertheless, as we have seen, the D+D=> 4He reaction appears* to have a much
larger cross section for cold fusion, than it does for hot fusion, so perhaps
the p + T => 4He reaction does too. IOW CF may provide a fast alternative to
gamma emission, for disposing of the energy, which could dramatically increase
the cross section.

* - "appears", because it's not yet certain IMO that D+D fusion is actually
happening in CF.

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk