>From (one of the last real journalists) Glenn Greenwald today -

Obama, Congress and Syria

The president is celebrated for seeking a vote on his latest war even as
his aides make clear it has no binding effect

An especially noteworthy extract -
  Secretary of State John Kerry, this morning on CNN, said this when
  asked  whether the Congressional vote would be binding: "[Obama] has
  the right to do this no matter what Congress does."