I think the patent is focused on the control system rather than the
LENR reaction itself, i.e., from the patent application -

  "This invention relates to improvements on existing low energy
   nuclear devices, specifically, this invention offers remedies to
   several identifiable deficiencies of the related art."

I don't think the entire application is online yet - no drawings or PDF.