LENR is a subject defined by “topological order”. The world of LENR is a
flatland in which electrons do a special dance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C8oiwnNlyE4

*Flatland: The Movie - Official Trailer*

In the world of LENR, the third dimension does not exist.

All the subatomic particles in the LENR flatland dance on the surface of
things. This order is imposed on the LENR universe because of dipole
motion. Very strong AC currents confine all particle motion to the skin of
current conducting objects.

In the Flatland of LENR of the Ni/H reactor, ‘anyons’, find a comfortable
place to live.

Just as fermions are spin 1/2, 3/2,...., particles obeying Fermi-Dirac
statistics and bosons are spin 0,1,....,particles obeying Bose-Einstein
statistics, ‘anyons’ are particles with ‘any’ spin obeying ‘any’ statistics.

We LENR guys have been calling these anyons hydrinos. One may wonder why
such particles have not been seen until now in LENR. After all, had they
really existed in nature, they would have been just as familiar as the
usual fermions and bosons. Well, the flatland inside the Ni/H reactor is a
very special place where the electrons do a very special dance. This
special dance is called long distance quantum coherence.

Anyons can only exist in two space dimensions, whereas the real world is
three dimensional. This naturally leads to the next question, ‘why bother
to study them at all ?’. The answer is that there do exist phenomena in our
three dimensional world that are planar - systems where motion in the third
dimension is essentially frozen. LENR is such a phenomena. Anyons are
relevant in the explanation of such phenomena. Besides, the study of anyons
has led to a considerable improvement in our theoretical understanding of
concepts like fractional quantum Hall states (FQH).

The FQH will reduce both the spin and the charge of the fermions in the
Ni/H flatworld. A topological state of flux quantization similar to a BCS
superconductor will produce cooper pairs of fermions.  This represents a
mechanism for superconductivity driven purely by strong repulsion and
complex hopping of electrons.

Protons are too heavy to form a condensate at high temperatures but Anyons
are not. It seems like anyons can produce cooper pairs of protons.

The following reference describes the formation of superconductivity,
condensation and superfluid states of Anyons.

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1306.1528.pdf

*Superconductivity with intrinsic topological order induced by pure Coulomb
interaction and time-reversal symmetry breaking
*