Solitary waves have consistently captured the imagination of scientists,
ranging from fundamental breakthroughs in spectroscopy and metrology
enabled by super continuum light, to gap solitons for dispersionless
slow-light, and discrete spatial solitons in lattices, amongst others.
Recent progress in strong Field atomic physics include impressive
demonstrations of attosecond pulses and high-harmonic generation via
photoionization of free-electrons in gases at extreme intensities of *10^^14
W/cm2. *

Soliton dynamics in the multiphoton plasma regime

http://arxiv.org/pdf/1301.5748.pdf