The aether, cold fusion, antigravity, free energy is all crazy talk.

But maybe reality is a simulation because some movies were made depicting
this, well that's totally sensible.

Since that isn't a threat to the status quo.

Of course the pre-pre-pre-pre matrix version of this were the Gnostics.

The problem with the modern version is the the inefficiency is huge.
I read something saying that all the computing power in the world could
only calculate some infinitesimally small chunk of space.

Any "Computer" able to simulate a universe of a given size must be
incalculably larger than that universe.

Really all of this is just an excuse for the fact that the current model of
physics is seriously flawed since it is missing the major part of the
picture.

John