It was, and is the hope that we will find cures for cancer that provides the funds for many people such as myself to do the research that I am doing. In a number of cases there was no scientific basis for the hope when the research was started, but it funded the scientific research, and science produced results.

In other cases the hope has (to date) proved to be unfounded.

Nigel

On 17/12/2013 15:14, John Franks wrote:
>>> Foks0904 : Obviously I hope it performs as advertised.

What has hope got to do with science? Do you believe in mind matter effects and magical thinking? Nature (excuse the pun) just does what it bloody well wants to.

CF *is* like RAR where grown ups keep telling them to read the proper literature (or get an education) and some things just **are impossible**.