So if that little guy is a proton against the 10^8 -10^9 collective of
other protons with thermal energy 25meV or so, that gets you in the ball
park...

What are the conditions to make this so - H2 loading, cracks, a lattice
over say a liquid (no-one uses Hg). Any other pointers?

Still having trouble with what happens after the reaction because of the
femto level it is free space compared to the lattice on the 0.1nm level and
the thermal wavelength of the heavy nuclei can't be making them overlap to
behave collectively.

When one of the bodies is much smaller than the other two, the little guy