From: Jed Rothwell <jedrothw...@gmail.com>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Fri, Dec 27, 2013 8:19 pm
Subject: Re: [Vo]:from Rossi's blog

James Bowery <jabow...@gmail.com> wrote:

What is the time one might expect for the "necessary safety certifications" of
"domestic appliances"?  It has been 2 years since the October, 2011 1MW
demonstration which ganged up a bunch of "appliance"-scale devices.

That was in Italy. I believe he means there are certifications approved in the
U.S. Two years to accomplish this would be lightning fast, for a device as
radical as this. Frankly, I can't imagine how it could be done. Maybe the
people testing it do not think it is a nuclear device?

I think the approvals are only for industrial users, not for home use. I
believe safety standards for consumer-level appliances are more demanding than
for industry. I mean that many machines in factories are dangerous, and would
not be allowed in houses. In industry you assume that trained experts will
operate the equipment.

This device is far different from the modules of the 1 MW reactor. It would
have to be re-certified from scratch, I am sure.

I have some doubts about Rossi's claims relating to business, but his previous
technical claims were confirmed by ELFORSK. I expect his present technical
claims will also be confirmed, such as the surface temperature of 1,100°C and
40% Carnot efficiency.

I have heard that he really is working with a major U.S. corporation. It sounds
like it is going well. This is excellent news.