Ed sez:

 

> Well Jed, I guess it is nice to know we are no worse off than we

> would have been in 1513. Of course, then people had the Church to

> fight, which had God on its side. Now, the fight is with politicians

> who only have money on their side.  I call this progress. :-)

 

Your sarcasm is well placed. ;-)

 

I would only conjecture that from my perspective too many ultra-conservative
politicians (which by definition these days means they are most likely of
the Republican persuasion) claim they have God on their side when, in truth,
they have fallen under the seductive spell of worshipping the worst false
idol of them all:

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Id6oS3L-D9A

 

These days it's called worshipping the wrath of the debt ceiling. What
better way to show allegiance to such a seductive Idol than to stage another
dramatic filibuster.

 

PS: I am not bashing Republicans. I've spoken to Republicans who tell me
they are pissed off at how their party has been taken over and abused by a
minority of irrational conservatives. I sincerely hope the more rational
portions will be able to once again reclaim the party's good name. Shoot! I
used to be a republican myself .that is until conservative activists like
Phyllis Schlafly took over way back the Regan era. It was all downhill after
that. I had had enuf.

 

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.OrionWorks.com

www.zazzle.com/orionworks

tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/newvortex/

Reply via email to