A very good practical engineering description, Jed.

I enjoyed reading about your account. Thanks.

So, you're reading up on W. Taft. I see he was a Republican. As you know, in
the state of Wisconsin where I live, several years ago we elected a staunch
Republican governor for the State of Wisconsin. Scott Walker . I find it
interesting that Taft, a Republican, gave birth to the 16 Amendment.
According to Wiki the 16 Amendment allows:

"... Congress to levy an income tax without apportioning it among the states
or basing it on the United States Census. This amendment exempted income
taxes from the constitutional requirements regarding direct taxes, after
income taxes on rents, dividends, and interest were ruled to be direct taxes
in the court case of Pollock v. Farmers' Loan & Trust Co. (1895). The
amendment was adopted on February 3, 1913."

<personal rant>

I wonder what Mr. Walker would have said or done if he had been governor of
Wisconsin during the time of Taft's presidency when Taft helped give birth
to the Federal Income Tax system. I listened to portions of Scott Walker's
state of Wisconsin address last night. Just about every other proclamation
Scott made was over how he was going to cut more income taxes and cut
property taxes. Wisconsin, allegedly is FINALLY running in the black after a
series of draconian measures that had been implemented under the supervision
of Mr. Walker. And now, with a healing budget, what does Mr. Walker decide
to do? He has decided it's time to cut out even more taxes! Cut Cut CUT!
Every time Scott made another tax cut proposal the legislation (which of
course is dominated by a Republican assembly) roared with thunderous
applause, hoots, and cheers.

Forget about the next recession. Cut now, and then some more. We'll pay
later.

It is after all, election time.

</personal rant>

My, how the Republican platform has changed.

Regards,

Steven Vincent Johnson

svjart.OrionWorks.com

www.zazzle.com/orionworks