A researcher in Japan has come up with a better way to make iPS cells. As
you would expect, she spent years fighting other scientists and having her
papers rejected before they finally listened. This happens with most
breakthroughs. It is human nature. See:

http://www.nature.com/news/acid-bath-offers-easy-path-to-stem-cells-1.14600

QUOTE:

It took Haruko Obokata, a young stem-cell biologist at the same centre,
five years to develop the method and persuade Sasai and others that it
works. "Everyone said it was an artefact -- there were some really hard
days," says Obokata. . . .

Still, the whole idea was radical, and Obokata's hope that glowing [
fluorescent tagged] mice would be enough to win acceptance was optimistic.
Her manuscript was rejected multiple times, she says.

Another quote:

"If we watch ourselves honestly we shall often find that we have begun to
argue against a new idea even before it has been completely stated." -
Wilfred Trotter