From: Jones Beene <jone...@pacbell.net>
To: vortex-l <vortex-l@eskimo.com>
Sent: Sun, Feb 16, 2014 8:30 pm
Subject: RE: [Vo]:Velocity dependent model of Coulomb's law

Dave,

You have “rediscovered”the widely known phenomenon in electrodynamics which
allows for relativistic chargedelectron or ion beams with minimal radial
containment. Permanent magnets arenow being used in some beam lines, even with
90 degree turns (with trim coils)

From:David Roberson

Sorry, I realize that my wording was flawed.  I mean that thetwo particles are
moving in parallel at the same velocity.

Dave

-----OriginalMessage-----
From: H Veeder

David Roberson wrote:
Once I made a calculation of the attraction between two chargedparticles that
are moving together at a constant velocity relative to my frameof reference.  I
was pleasantly surprised to find that as the velocity ofthe two charges
approached the speed of light, a perfect balance between theelectric force and
the magnetic force was achieved.  This implied thatthere would be precisely
zero electromagnetic force between the two and henceno acceleration either
together or apart at the speed of light.  Thismatches the special theory of
relativity since at light speed the time dilationreaches infinity for the
objects being viewed.

Since their time was slowed down to zero, they should not be seen
asaccelerating towards or away from each other.

Dave