From: Bob Cook

The K could be a supplier of heavy eletrons  per the  W-L theory.   I have no
idea how its radioactive decay  could influence a LENR,  unless it were by the
spectrum of lattice  vibrations caused by the K-40 decay.

There are many possibilities. The main decay mode in 40K is beta- but there is
also EC and gamma. If the nature of LENR in Ni-H was to favor EC over other
decay modes - then LENR would proceed, or at least be initiated by potassium
going to Argon via EC - in which there is an Auger cascade, which opens up
Argon’s Rydberg sites.

Thus you get both energy and reduced ground states in hydrogen at the same
time. The dense hydrogen then produces more heat by some form of LENR.

PS  I believe Rossi.  He probably does not consider K radioactive.

Bob

Most people do not dwell on the radioactivity of potassium, because the % of
40K is low and because potassium is a nutrient. Pass the bananas, please.