From: Bob Cook [mailto:frobertc...@hotmail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, February 26, 2014 6:13 PM
To: vortex-l@eskimo.com
Subject: EXTERNAL: [Vo]:Re: Progress to date

Fran and Axil--

Don’t forget the Chiral effect
http://physik.uni-graz.at/~dk-user/talks/Chernodub_25112013.pdf  a quote from
the previous link:

“In strong magnetic field quarks and antiquarks pair more effectively!
S.P. Klevansky and R. H. Lemmer ('89); H. Suganuma and T. Tatsumi ('91) -
effective models
V. P. Gusynin, V. A. Miransky and I. A. Shovkovy ('94, '95, '96,...) → real
QCDxQED
Enhancement of the chiral symmetry breaking at strong B
1) Dimensional reduction (3+1)D → (1+1)D: In a very strong
magnetic field the dynamics of electrically charged particles (quarks,
in our case) becomes effectively one-dimensional, because the
particles tend to move along the magnetic field only.

2) Quarks interact stronger in one spatial dimension: In (1+1)D an
arbitrarily weakest interaction between two objects leads to pair
formation. This fact: (i) follows from Quantum Mechanics; (ii) is
known as a “Cooper theorem” in solid state physics.”

and the Lamb effect.  The Chirl Effect  depends on the dimensions acting --1,
vs 2, vs 3, vs 4, vs 5 etc.

Bob