There is a temperature sensitive chemical reaction component to all this. A
chemical hydride reacts to temperature to increase or decrease the release
and absorption of gaseous hydrogen from the solid form which modifies
hydrogen pressure.

To regulate temperature stability, the hydrogen pressure should go up when
the temperature goes up. Too much hydrogen pressure must slow the reaction.
Hydrogen pressure is another temperature controlling parameter. But when
the reactor cools completely, all hydrogen should return to the solid state.