Confusion seems to exist between energy and temperature. A very high
temperature can be produced using very little energy if the energy is highly
concentrated. This is done regularly using lasers and electric arcs.  In the
case of HHO, the chemical energy released when H2O forms is applied directly to
the material where it is released by catalytic action. The skin feels no heat
because the reaction is not catalyzed by the skin.

This gas would make a poor fuel in an engine because the reaction produces a
reduction in volume of gas, with only a temporary increases produced by heating
the gas.  In contrast, gasoline produces a large increase on gas volume, which
is used to move the piston.

However, use of such a gas might improve the efficiency of gasoline combustion.
 More convenient ways exist to do this, which have been applied over the years,
thereby making the gasoline engine increasingly efficient. However, I have seen
no evidence that LENR can be initiated this way.  Even if it could, the heat
energy would not be suitable to add much extra push to the piston before the
heat was dissipated. The process needs a permanent increase in gas volume, not
just a temporary increase cause by increased temperature.

Ed Storms