Greetings from the MIT colloquium. As far as I know I may be the only Vortex
follower here so I will provide updates as long as my iPhone battery holds out
      Saturday morning started with Dr Ahern. He presented the bittersweet tale
of a garage tinkerer from New Hampshire who called him up to evaluate a
nanopowder powerpack the guy built and installed in the trunk of his  electric
car. Ahern measured it and found to his satisfaction that the car's electric
battery was being recharged continuously by this device which was also able to
power a sixty watt lightbulb for six consecutive days while still adding to the
net charge on the batteries. End of story: the tinkerer calls Ahern to say he
wants to give Ahern the device but two days later collapses into a vegetative
state with a brain aneurysm. Ahern goes to pickup the device only to find that
the tinkerer has diassembled it into meaningless parts. Where have we heard
this story before? I guess I'll add it to my MU (mysterious universe) file

Steve High