There is a new generation of LENR researchers gaining their sea legs and
building on the work of those who have gone before.

I am speaking about the H Cat experimenters. They are taking a different
path to experimentation, a cooperative path, an open source path, where all
knowledge and experimental experience is shared among them to the mutual
benefit of the whole group.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaHI--DZ7hA

Here is a little narrative for the folks that don't really know what they
are looking at in this video.

What you have is a typical brute force plate cell, generating Hydroxy and
pushing it through a bubbler then a flashback suppressor. This is the same
thing used in a HHO torch set.  There's nothing fancy there.  In fact, you
can get all that stuff  at HHO Connection.

What isn't so obvious is that the Hydroxy is being pumped into a reaction
chamber.  And you don't have to ignite the gas to generate any heat, it
will do that all by itself.  In the video the experimenter  keeps the
reaction chamber cool with a forced air blower.

This is necessary to keep the catalyst from melting.  If you don't cool the
reactor chamber it will climb in temperature until it destroys itself.  If
you have a good enough reactor, you could certainly melt lead or even
aluminum with it. For safety sake, I would be a little cautious at taking
the temperature that high as you would be asking for a gas combustion
flashback at some point.  You might also notice he uses a simple condenser
tube of copper to collect the pure water in a closed loop.

What I would really like is to see as the next step is the generation
of calorimeter data in BTUs compared with the wattage needed to drive the
cell.  A simple temperature gauge with a very rough flow meter reading
doesn't quite cut it with me.  What would be far better is to cool the
reactor with water, pumped into a large vessel of known capacity and plot a
temperature rise curve over time.  All of this should be well insulated and
a baseline established.  Even better would be to a have a replica dummy
reactor without the catalyst but with a flame combustor of the HHO gas
heating the water coolant and then compare the two plots.  Doing this kind
of lab work and fully documenting everything would be a no-brainer to bring
this experiment to the forefront.

.