Some in this list believe that spin coupling has a large impact upon the rate
of LENR activity and there may well be other magnetic interactions associated
with nano particles and their large local magnetic fields.  I tend to think
that these couplings are a key concept that needs to be understood in detail if
an ultimate theory is to be developed.

Good,  The magnetic components of the force fields are not conserved.  They can
increases

outwith bound.  When they become stronger and act at a longer range than the
Coulombic, the
Coulombic barrier is bypassed.  No cracks or heavy neutrons required.

Soft iron increase the magnetic component of the electrical field.
I believe that a vibrating Bose condensate acts like a soft iron equivalent
for the strong nuclear spin orbit force.

I have done a lot of math in an effort to prove this.

Frank Z