http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2006/03/060325232140.htm

Anti-gravity Effect? Gravitational Equivalent Of A Magnetic Field Measured
In Lab

It demonstrates that a superconductive gyroscope is capable of generating a
powerful gravitomagnetic field, and is therefore the gravitational
counterpart of the magnetic coil. Depending on further confirmation, this
effect could form the basis for a new technological domain, which would
have numerous applications in space and other high-tech sectors" says de
Matos. Although just 100 millionths of the acceleration due to the Earth's
gravitational field, the measured field is a surprising one hundred million
trillion times larger than Einstein's General Relativity predicts.
Initially, the researchers were reluctant to believe their own results.

"We ran more than 250 experiments, improved the facility over 3 years and
discussed the validity of the results for 8 months before making this
announcement. Now we are confident about the measurement," says Tajmar, who
performed the experiments and hopes that other physicists will conduct
their own versions of the experiment in order to verify the findings and
rule out a facility induced effect.