What is Mr. Letts' explanation for the lack of replication of his results?

Seriously, the protocol that is reliably reproducible has been the Holy
Grain of cold fusion research from day one.  I find it stretches credulity
to the breaking point that after this statement in 2003:

*Has anyone replicated this effect yet? *

Yes, it's been replicated now by three or four different labs

Replication didn't spread like wildfire.