-----Original Message-----
From: Terry Blanton

> How does one envision a 1/2 spin particle which must go through 720
degrees of rotation to return to its starting position?

The fizzix perfess'nuls say that this should not even be attempted, as it
will possibly drive one to insanity.

That does not stop the average vortician, since he or she is already well
advanced beyond that status. Anyway - the way I envision this - as a 3D
image (which could be animated if desired) is actually fairly
straightforward - beginning with a "figure 8" pathway - which is
representative of an average-path in what is really becomes a "smear"… but
we can look at averages, for now. The center point where the lines cross
will be designated as N for nucleus. This is not unlike a p orbital at this
stage, but this is only the start of a merger of S&P, so to speak.
8
If the electron, although a point - has its own virtual axis with its own
point polarity (and no one can show that it does not) then if the orbital
starts at N it must traverse through 720 degrees to return to N with the
same starting polarity, assuming it follows an average path. Never mind that
the presence of the "real nucleus" is problematic for achieving the 720
degrees. We will deal with that later.

Next, imagine rotating that same figure 8 which is now 2D, around an axis
which goes through N to create a 3D shape. What you end up with is a special
kind of spheroid called a horn torus, which is a torus with no hole – and it
that looks roughly spherical. But the horn torus still has the problem of
intersecting the nucleus.

Therefore - what we really want to imagine is what is called a spindle
torus, which now has two deflection points over and under the polarity of
the real nucleus. The electron path would not need to intersect the nucleus
of a spindle torus.
http://mathworld.wolfram.com/SpindleTorus.html

This spindle torus is even more spherical, and an average electron path can
take either Y at the deflection points. Thus, we can accommodate both a
virtual p and s orbital with this same general conception, and we can
provide an electron smear by assuming that we are only talking about average
pathways and we can provide 720 degrees of rotation.

OK – not a perfect visualization, but it works for me … your experience may
vary. Importantly - it gets one away from Mills' brain-dead model of an
orbitsphere as being the a useful alternative. LOL.