Hi all

I cannot find via google search, the quoted text "“A new mechanism of LENR
in solids is proposed, which is based on the large amplitude anharmonic
lattice vibrations”, other than in the paper I linked, that you attribute
to being something Ahern wrote. While I do not dispute that you have seen
this text, or perhaps more likely something like it, I think it would help
the community if you would quote your source, so that full context can be
given.

I do not dispute that Ahern may follow the same view as the author of the
paper, but we must deal in evidence that we can see and judge ourselves. As
you point out, a person "may claim..." something about themselves or
others, and the claims may not hold up to inspection.

On another matter Rossi seems to think the “discrete breathers” (DBs) are
worth understanding and that particular paper should be read.

"Andrea Rossi
June 17th, 2014 at 6:50 AM
Andreas Moraitis:
The physics of the so called discrete breathers are very interesting. Good
paper, thank you for citing it to our Readers.
Warm Regards,

A.R."

I too think the paper is worth reading.

Kind Regards walker