I consider the Craven ball system an excellent vehicle to study.   It reminds
me of the heating of a radium sample from the past which seemed to defy the
current physics models.  Nuclear reactions were not understood at that time and
the conservation of energy appeared violated.

The question that I want answered is whether or not some form of critical mass
is required before a major amount of energy is released as with Rossi's device.
 Must a chain reaction occur before the heat closes the gap between what Craven
sees and what Rossi claims?  How linear is the Craven effect?

My thoughts as of this time are that magnetic coupling of some nature must
exist before useful energy can be extracted.  Spin coupling is a good candidate
for this mechanism so far, but many measurements must be conducted before this
can be established.   How the coupling is able to exhibit positive feedback
remains out of reach at the moment.   Perhaps the coupling is a complex
combination of sonic motion, magnetic coupling and heat interacting in some
fashion.  One day it will become obvious and we will all wonder why it took so
long for us to figure it out.

I suspect that we need to step back and think more of the system aspects of the
reactions as opposed to concentrating upon a tiny local atomic reaction.  How
small can a device be constructed which exhibits LENR?  Is there some threshold
size that is between atomic dimensions and 5 micrometers below which nothing
happens?  How about the very large scale?  Remember that U235 appears like a
normal radioactive metal until it reaches a critical mass.  And, P&F had their
lab destroying reaction when they were using a cube of material that was a
centimeter on a side.  What would have happened had they been using one several
centimeters along each side?  I do not think these questions have been answered
adequately.

Dave