Bob,

This is a common misconception.  Rossi does NOT use nano-Ni.  Rossi uses Ni
particles (from the carbonyl process) that have a high external area and
particle diameter of 4-8 microns.  Rossi adds a catalyst, that is believed
to be a nanopowder, to the carbonyl Ni particles and then "grows" features
on the Ni.

Bob Higgins