Very simple answer to that one. They are waiting for kilowatt-hrs of thermal
gain - continuing for months at a time before testing. IOW … like Rossi - but
with deuterium as the active isotope, producing significant quantities of
helium - for which contamination CANNOT be responsible.

24 MeV per atom is a lot of energy, and since helium is ubiquitous, an
experiment producing watts-levels for a few weeks will not produce much helium
anyway. Contamination is an issue. Disproportion is an issue.

Rossi caught everyone’s attention with kilowatts of power, and month-long runs.
Of course there will be no helium there; and if the TIP2 report is positive,
then we will probably hear no more about the helium issue anyway.

But the fact that the recent Mizuno work found no substantial helium is telling
us a lot about the likelihood of past inaccuracies.

From: Jed Rothwell

Second, if people had reasons to doubt these results, why would they
wait-and-see? Wait for what? The Second Coming? There is no reason to wait, and
no benefit to it. People in this field always jump in to criticize other
findings, even in cases when they should not. I see no reason why they would
hold back on this particular one.