Hi,
[snip]
>Another related issue is the peril to the crew imposed by long term
>exposure to microgravity.

This need not be a problem on the trip out and back. You just need to spin up
the ship so that the outer rim has 1 g. This is where the crew would spend most
of their time.

Long term exposure to radiation is however a different matter, but no worse than
experienced during long stays in the International Space Station?

(BTW if I had my way, trips to Mars would take a few days, not months ;)

Regards,

Robin van Spaandonk