I wrote:

... There are many different ways to categorize possible explanations, but
> for the moment I'll put them in four categories:
>
>    1. Explanations involving fusion of some kind without the catalysis of
>    stable shrunken hydrogen (a.k.a. f/H, hydrinos, DDL hydrogen, etc.). ...
>
> I was hoping to set up a disjoint partition over the set of all possible
explanations.  There was one group of explanations that, depending on how
you define things, might as a consequence end up in (3), the bucket for
everything that is not fusion or involves f/H or is experimental error, but
which I intended to go into (1), the fusion bucket.  I would like to place
in category (1) nucleon transfer reactions and neutron and proton capture
reactions.  Depending on what definition of *fusion* you go by, such
reactions might be considered something else, although in more common usage
we usually think of them as fusion.  When Rossi hints that no fusion is
involved [1], I suspect he is using a more selective definition of the
term, but my idea was to include such reactions nonetheless in category (1)
(the category I'm predicting will be borne out in time).

Eric

[1] http://www.e-catworld.com/2014/08/12/what-the-rossi-effect-is-not/