Good followup vid to wrap up the story. Super-clusters are among the last major
frontier of understanding the Universe. My view is that they will show that
there is/was no Big Bang, merely a succession of little bangs in a what is
mostly a steady state background condition … the remnants of which are the
Super-clusters.

Closer to home, analyzing the accelerating transition away from biology –
towards the steps necessary for filling the role of the next dominant species
on this unimportant planet - this vastness of Space demonstrates that humans
are “below insignificant” in a relative way, just as Earth is. And then, to tie
that painful fact into robotics and A.I. … well, it’s pretty clear that “our”
days are numbered (if you identify with a species, instead of the end-point of
an irreversible progression).

Can we personalize that “endpoint” with a value judgment, making it a goal … or
an ideal, instead of a blind journey with a negative end?

Yes, probably we can and will, since the short history of technology already
seems to point towards increasing intelligence as an end point, which sounds a
lot like a goal instead of a random progression. The only real recourse for the
future of humanity is to make the personal transition into that trend as
pain-free as possible, such a via a hybridization of some kind – man-machine
maybe, if you were impressed with Blade Runner.

The prediction that seems to follow from these trends is that the next
“religious” movement, and possibly the last, will center around how best to
develop a technology (along with a mythology) for allowing the individual human
mind to transition into the individual A.I. and to become part of its actual
control mechanism.

From: Steve High

A good time to look at the big picture:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=rENyyRwxpHo

James Bowery wrote:

Martin Luther King, Jr. recommended Henry George's citizen's dividend.  But
that's the last thing he ever did.  They killed him and I believe it was
because of that recommendation as it would have eliminated the need for the
welfare bureaucracy and would have replaced the entire civil rights paradigm
founded on "protected groups" with a completely neutral "general welfare".

The American Enterprise Institute scholar and prominent libertarian
theoretician Charles Murray pretty much recommended the same thing recently in
his book "In Our Hands: A Plan to Replace the Welfare State".  He was roundly
ignored by MLK's supposed supporters, libertarians and conservatives.

The interests arrayed against this on all sides of the political divides are
enormous:  Basically, anyone that uses the word "populist" with a sneer.

Jed Rothwell wrote:

Here is a good video about automation and employment:

Humans Need Not Apply <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Pq-S557XQU>

Some good quotes: after the Model T, people did not say: "There will be new
jobs for horses we can't imagine!" There is not a rule that says, "better
technology makes more better jobs for horses."